I have never been good at being pregnant. I imagined a glow and loving the whole 9 months. That did not happen. I was so sick. The morning sickness was awful. And the preterm labor. Every pregnancy, which led to having to get progesterone shots. But I LOVE giving birth. This pregnancy however I was more nervous. Have had a miscarriage 2 heart before, I knew my heart could not take another lose.

I started having contractions when I was 13 weeks this go around. When I was 35 weeks I could tell that they were starting to get stronger and more intense though that week. Saturday night I was having a ton but I refused to go in just to sit for a few hours and go home. Sunday I woke up and had a ton of pressure. So I went in, only after my husband pressured me and told me I was going to end up having the baby at home, which after my last delivery was a real possibility. When I got there my contractions picked up and were every 3-5 minutes apart. I was only at 1.5 cm though but because of my history of preterm labor I had to stay. Well to my surprise, my contractions got stronger and stronger. Even the shot they gave me to stop them only worked for about 20 minutes until they picked up again. Back labor people is no joke! They finally gave my a shot for pain around 8 at night. Between 8 and midnight I progressed to a 4, which of course meant I got to stay over night. At that point I was just happy the pain was being managed because i miserable and being stuck in that bed didn’t make it any better. When I woke up at 8 in the morning I was still at 4 cm so thankfully I got to go home! I slept pretty much that whole Monday. Tuesday I had my weekly appointment and my midwife told me not to be surprised if she was not here by the end of the week.

Fast forward to Thursday. I had an appointment to go get checked that morning so I sent the boys to a sitter so we could go and then spend some last minute time together. We went shopping and got lunch. After that we hung out at families with the boys for a little bit. And bam, water breaks at like 4:30. Seriously the strangest feeling in the world. My water has always been broken in the hospital. Shaeson was laughing hysterically because I was so concerned about getting fluid everywhere and every time I laughed it gushed out. Basically stand in one spot and don’t move and you will not gush fluid every where.

We rushed to the hospital because my last labor I went from  5 cm to 10 cm in 20 MINUTES! The nurse checked me and I was 6 cm. At that point I decided I was going to get an epidural after Sunday’s back labor even though I was terrified after my last epidural, but my guy was amazing and made the process as easy and painless as possible. After I settled down and got cleaned up she checked me and I was only at 7 cm. Everyone was like "Okay let's get this moving". My contractions had not picked up yet so they were still only every 7-10 minutes apart at which point they started me on pitocin. 
Before we knew it, she was coming. People always joke that she must have slid right out, but really she did. Even through my epidural I could feel it. The pain in my back! Man. The nurse frantically called my midwife, who luckily was at the hospital. My husband and midwife got their gowns on. She was right there. I started to push and all I heard was "STOP PUSHING!". Out came this perfect 5 pound 7 ounce bundle of love, caught by my husband himself, and as quite as can be. I was definitely scared since she came so early but she was perfect. We are so thankful for our rainbow baby every day and she fills our life with so much joy!

-Mama Shaeson Bronson
Mama to 2 boys and 1 Bunny Babe
Follow her: @bahlbabies